FAQListed below are questions frequently asked by our guests.
- May I arrive at the hotel late in the evening? Is there a curfew?
There is no curfew.
The hotel’s entrance is locked between 1:00 and 6:00 for security reasons.
Hotel guests can unlock the entrance during these hours by using the room key. If you forgot to bring your room key with you, please call us by the inter phone.
If you are checking in later than the notified check-in time, please let us know of such change.
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
Our check-in time is at 15:00, check-out time is at 11:00.
- May I make payments in advance?
Yes, you can choose from the following options to make payments:
- Payment by bank transfers
- Payment by credit cards
- Payment upon arrival (by cash or credit cards) In the case that no advance payment is confirmed before the arrival day, we shall ask you to make the payment at check-in.
- Are credit cards, such as VISA, JCB, accepted?
VISA, JCB, and other credit cards are accepted.
- Is there a waiting list if the hotel is fully booked?
We do not have a waiting list.
- When do cancellation charges apply?
Cancellation charges shall be deducted as shown below, in accordance with our accommodation policies.
20% of your accommodation fee will be charged if the cancellation is made one day prior to check-in.
80% of your accommodation fee will be charged if the cancellation is made on the check-in day.
100% of your accommodation fee will be charged if you fail to show, or contact us.
*Cancellation charges vary depending on the accommodation plan. Please make sure to check the policies for each plan.
- I would like to send our Luggage (or suitcases, or baggage, or bags) to the hotel before arrival.
We will keep your luggage until your arrival.
* Please make sure to enter “check-in/check-out dates” and “guest’s name” on the shipping slip and send your baggage to the address below.
44-1, Kamitonoda-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture 601-8002
Hotel Visciho Kyoto (Front Desk)
TEL: 81-(0)-75-280-1111 (switchboard number)
You can pick up your luggage at the front desk upon arrival.
However, please be advised that we would not accept your luggage in any of the following cases.
- Luggage sent with cash on delivery.
- Items that need to be refrigerated or frozen (those that necessitate temperature and/or moisture control)
- Valuables, fragile items, hazardous materials, important documents, items that may decay easily.
- Baggage that do not carry the guest’s name or those for which the reservation cannot be confirmed.
- Is luggage storage service available before check-in or after check-out?
We will keep hotel guests’ luggage before their arrival, and until the end of the check-out day.
- Is luggage attendant available on our way from Kyoto Station to the hotel?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer those services at this moment.
There are paid delivery services providers nearby, so click here for the details.
Carry Service (JR Kyoto Station Central Exit)
Delivery Service (JR Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit)
- May I make detailed requests, such as the floor and the location of the room for my stay?
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept that kind of special requests, other than for people with special needs or disabilities.
- Is it possible to do an early check-in or late check-out?
It may be possible to offer these services, depending on room availability.
Please make sure to let us know in advance.
- May I share a bed with my child? If so, until what age? With how many children? Is there an additional charge?
Children under 6 years old can share a bed free of charge.
Please be advised that only one child per adult is allowed for sharing purposes.
Please inform us at the time of booking if you wish to stay with bed-sharing infants.
- What items are available for lending?
Nail clipper, clinical thermometer, mobile phone battery charger, desk lamp, baby beds, blankets, wheelchairs, electric irons, ironing boards, and trouser press are available for lending.
- Are beds fitted with bed rails available?
No, we do not have any beds that are pre-fitted with bed rails nor do we lend such equipment.
- Are baby beds available?
Baby beds are available upon request.
There may be times when baby beds are unavailable, due to the amount of requests. It won’t be possible to accommodate a baby crib in some of the rooms, due to space restrictions.
Please inquire in advance.
- Where can I keep valuables?
Please store your valuables in the safety deposit box provided in each guest room.
- Are there smoking rooms available?
All rooms are non-smoking. Smoking booths are available on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- When are dishes taken away from the buffet?
Depending on the situation in the restaurant, they usually begin taking the dishes away after last order is announced.
Last order is at 9:30 am, and the restaurant closes at 10:00 am.
- Are strollers allowed into the restaurant?
Yes, they are allowed.
- May I order meals that exclude certain ingredients because of allergies or religious restrictions?
The 7 primary food allergens are Shrimp, Crab, Wheat, Buckwheat, Eggs, Milk, and Peanuts.
[Breakfast] We will explain which dishes use any of these ingredients, please ask restaurant staff if you are not sure.
[Dinner] We will do our best to provide non-allergic dishes by substituting ingredients. Please consult with us beforehand as we need advance preparations for serving such dishes.
* Please note that we cannot provide any explanation regarding allergic ingredients other than these seven, as the suppliers are only obliged to label these seven ingredients and there is not a way we can check the contents of these other ingredients.
* We check allergic substances included in ingredients used for dishes provided in the restaurant based on the information from the manufacturers and suppliers.
* We may not be able to respond to requests from guests with serious allergic reactions and/or those who are allergic to many ingredients. We may also not respond to requests for non-allergic dishes if we are not consulted in advance.
- Is there a dress code for the restaurant?
Although there is no specific dress code, we do not allow undershirts, sleeveless tops, sandals, or slippers.
- Is there a smoking section?
All rooms are non-smoking. Smoking booths are available on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Are there vending machines and ice makers?
Vending machines are located on the 2nd floor.
Ice makers available at the following locations.
2F: Vending machine corner
3F ~ 9F: Elevator hall
- Is there a laundromat / self-service laundry?
There are coin operated laundry machines available on the second floor. Detergent is added to the washer automatically.
Money exchange services are available at the front desk.
- Is there a fitness room?
The fitness room is available for hotel guests, free of charge during their stay. It is located on the second floor.
Open hours: 6:00 ~ 24:00
- Are there banquet halls or conference rooms available?
No, we do not count with those facilities.
- Is there a large communal bath?
Hotel guests can use the large communal baths on the second floor, free of charge during their stay.
[Open hours] 15：00～25：00, 6：00～10：00
Guests can walk to the large communal bath in their room wear and slippers. Please bring your room key and towel from your room.
- Are laundry services available?
There are laundry services available. An extra charge applies.
Please find the laundry order form in your room, fill it out, and bring it to the front desk by 10am.
The laundry shall be ready in the evening of that day or later.
The laundry service is unavailable on Sundays and during the year-end/new-year period. Please contact hotel front staff for more details.
- Is it possible to connect to the Internet?
High-speed Wi-Fi Internet is available in all guest rooms.
- Do you offer room service meals?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer room service at this moment.
- Are there microwave-ovens available for use?
There are no microwave-ovens available.
- Is there a bank or ATM in or near the hotel?
There are no banks or ATMs located on the hotel premises, however, there is a currency exchange machine on the 1st floor.
For information about nearby banks and ATMs, please inquire at the front desk.
- Is there a convenience store nearby?
There are convenience stores nearby, some of them are open 24 hours a day, only a minute walk from the hotel.
- Is parking available at the hotel?
The hotel does not have parking facilities for its guests, so please find contracted parking spaces nearby.